Saturday 12 December 2015

Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is well and no-one has come down with the dreaded bug/flu that's been going around lately! All I see around me are ill people lately so I'm praying that I don't end up ill or anything right now. Fingers crossed everyone stays healthy!

Today's blog post is all about the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. It retails for roughly £19.00 and can be found at Debenhams online and in store and also the Too Faced website !

This mascara is not a waterproof formulation as far as I am aware and I don't believe that they do a waterproof formula either, perhaps that's something that Too Faced might work on next? Who knows? But I think it would be a good idea if they did! It is a quite wet type of formula its not completely runny but it is wet so what I tend to do is wipe of the excess especially at the top of the mascara wand on the edge of the mascara bottle!

Now, before this mascara I was using my holy grail mascara otherwise known as Lancôme Hypnose Star, when that ran out I thought I would try this one as everyone, their mother and their cats were talking about it. So I did, and I have to say I am not surprised that everyone is banging on about this mascara. It is absolutely without a doubt an amazing mascara and I might even whisper that it might have ever so slightly eclipsed my Lancôme Hypnose Star mascara too!


When I first saw the wand I was a bit worried! The mascara wands that I am used to - whether it be a rubber bristle or a traditional one - are not that big and when I first used it I must admit that I nearly poked my eyes out so be very careful. However after the first couple of uses I got used to it and now it doesn't bother me so much! Unlike other mascara wands this one is shaped like an hourglass which I don't understand the point of but since the mascara does the job its supposed to who am I to complain and quite frankly I think I prefer it!


The mascara only comes in the black shade as far as I am aware (perhaps they need to get some more shades out)! It is BRILLIANT at volumising! However, you do have to be careful to not add a million layers as it can make your lashes look clumpy, however three layers isn't going to give you that look! at least not on me, if you do any more it might give you spidey lashes! If you do want to layer make sure the first layer is dry before adding a second or third coat and make sure you separate your lashes with an eyelash comb in between coats too! 

It does make your lashes look fuller too due to it being volumising and I also feel that it makes your lashes look longer! My lashes are quite long naturally so I wouldn't be able to claim that they do make them longer but I feel like this mascara does that! Customers have commented on my lashes when I have worn this mascara but they've also said the same thing when I have worn the Lancôme Hypnose Star too so I don't know if it's just those mascaras or just my lashes! However I do feel that they emphasise my lashes in a good way!

I would say that it curls your lashes a little bit, I think that might have to do with the hourglass shape of the wand. Now I don't curl my lashes because I am terrified of ripping my eyelashes out with an eyelash curler so I don't own one! I have to say that although it doesn't give a full on curl it does give my lashes a little bit of a curl when I wear it. 

The only downside to this mascara possibly is the wand which happens to be huge, now whilst I love using it for my top lashes I can't use it for my bottom lashes as it smudges the mascara on top of the eyeshadow I've placed on my lower lash line so when I  use it for bottom lashes I have to be very careful not to get it underneath otherwise it just looks like a mess under my lower lashes. So for bottom lashes you either need to use a disposable wand, have a lot of patience or just use another mascara!

So basically, this mascara is good at separating your lashes, good at volumising your lashes, gives you a little bit of a curl, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge once it dries and basically lasts all day! I have to say I am quite in love with this mascara and it is currently the only one I reach for and wear almost every day without fail!

What's your holy grail mascara and why? Have you tried the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara? Do you love it or loathe it? Let me know down in the comments below!

Have a great day!

Lots of Love

Rifa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment